There is a buzz, a white paper or media story on daily basis about blockchain. The “believers” claim to solve everything under the sun using blockchain and the “infidels” trying to prove how this technology will set us to path of nowhere.
How do we cut the noise and find what blockchain technology really is? what are the plausible use cases? how, where and when we can use it and at what cost? What are the legal implications, societal impact, or economical risks it will bring? And how one would go about learning the primary and secondary effects of blockchain on businesses.
There are hundreds of books and whitepapers out there, mainly from independent publishers or the owner of new ICOs, tokens or startups, making it very hard to find unbiased commentary and an overview for executives to understand and transform their strategy for potential opportunities and risks.
I have read 102 books on Blockchain, Crypto Currencies and Crypto Assets in the last three years and here is my list of best books on Blockchain and Crypto Assets. This would be enough for anyone sitting on the fence to decide which way to go. It will help students to become blockchain developers, executives to launch their organizational blockchain strategy, researchers to find avenues to inquire, founders to explore ideas and thought leaders to understand the current decentralized landscape.
I have thoroughly read the available text and would be highly skeptical to find anything worth reading except the titles mentioned here. If you think, there is a book out there that should be included in the list, please send me the name and I will review and update the list (if necessary).
For me, “blockchain is a peer-to-peer decentralized distributed ledger that permanently & chronologically records and guarantees an immutable, unalterable trustworthy transaction (of money or any valuable asset) in a trust-less environment through consensus protocol secured by cryptography with economically incentivized participation.”
Do you want to dissect this statement? Read the following books:
- The Blockchain and the New Architecture of Trust (Information Policy)
- Blockchain: A Practical Guide to Developing Business, Law, and Technology Solutions
- The Truth Machine: The Blockchain and the Future of Everything
- Blockchain Revolution: How the Technology Behind Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Is Changing the World
- Blockchain and the Law: The Rule of Code
- Life After Google: The Fall of Big Data and the Rise of the Blockchain Economy
- Blockchain Basics: A Non-Technical Introduction in 25 Steps
- Blockchain Bubble or Revolution: The Present and Future of Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies
- The Basics of Bitcoins and Blockchains: An Introduction to Cryptocurrencies and the Technology that Powers Them
- Investigating Cryptocurrencies: Understanding, Extracting, and Analyzing Blockchain Evidence
- Unblocked: How Blockchains Will Change Your Business (and What to Do about It)
- Cryptocurrencies simply explained – by TenX Co-Founder Dr. Julian Hosp: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Blockchain, ICOs, Decentralization, Mining & Co
- Blockchain: The Next Everything
- Attack of the 50 Foot Blockchain: Bitcoin, Blockchain, Ethereum & Smart Contracts
- The Age of Cryptocurrency: How Bitcoin and the Blockchain Are Challenging the Global Economic Order
- Blockchain For Dummies
- The Business Blockchain: Promise, Practice, and Application of the Next Internet Technology
- The Bitcoin Standard: The Decentralized Alternative to Central Banking
- Introduction to Blockchain: with Case Studies